A report carried by an Italian newspaper is alleging that the Pontiff is planning on resigning due to the discovery of a network of homosexual clergy in the Vatican and a string of blackmail.
Pope Benedict announced his intention to retire due to old age and health concerns over a week ago, but a report is saying he is quitting for other reasons. A report carried by an Italian newspaper is alleging that the Pontiff is planning on resigning due to the discovery of a network of homosexual clergy in the Vatican and a string of blackmail. The report depicts the Vatican as being torn by rivaling factions of clergy and laypeople. A spokesman for the Pope would neither confirm nor deny the allegations.
Don't Miss This:
- 50 years can't fade a day to remember
- Interactive map: The assassination of President John F. Kennedy
- Detective remembers Kennedy's assassin as unnaturally calm
- Mars in 2017? Billionaire reveals plans for manned mission
- Holocaust survivor shares her story
- Tuesday, November 19, 2013
- New study sheds light on 'meat mummies' in ancient tombs
- VIDEO: Princeton considers new meningitis vaccine
- Sunday, November 17, 2013
- VIDEO: Tornadoes, damaging storms sweep through Midwest
- Friday, November 15, 2013
- Weathered sculpture gets new life in a seaside home
- How does a Secret Service agent manage to leave behind a bullet in a hotel room?