ANDOVER — Singers of all parts are invited to join the Andover Choral Society’s rehearsals for its winter concert, “Emerge Together.” Upcoming rehearsals are from 7:20 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., Mondays, Sept. 20 and 27, at Christ Church, 33 Central St.
BOSTON — Legislation establishing the Podokesaurus holyokensis as the official dinosaur of Massachusetts cleared its first committee Tuesday and the lawmaker behind the effort hopes the forward movement will help teach onlookers about the legislative process.
Do schools adequately teach 9/11? What children learn about the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, is mostly left to school districts and teachers to decide. The state’s curriculum framework says little on the topic, which is mentioned only as a footnote at the end of U.S. and world history courses. According to research, most teachers address the attacks with one-day lesson plans tied to the anniversary of 9/11 that focus on those killed in the tragedy, first responders and the U.S. military strikes that followed. Do you think students should be given a more structured curriculum?
This Week's Circulars
Premium Text Ads
- Andover reinstating mask mandates
- Police called to ZBA meeting over "rowdy" residents
- Andover company pivots post-pandemic
- Christopher Morrison's story passed through family
- Community support coordinator resigns amid adversity
- Andover briefly: Andover woman wins flower arrangement award
- Betty Ong remembered as 9/11 hero
- Andover Story: The evolution of Morton Street
- Andover attorney elected VP of Massachusetts Bar
- Minco Development rises to top for Town Yard
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.