The town recently hired a sustainability coordinator whose job is to find ways to make Andover more environmentally responsible. Town Manager Andrew Flanagan says he hopes Joyce Losick-Yang, who has a doctorate from MIT and formerly worked for the U.S. Department of Energy, can help Andover secure “Designated Green Community” status, among other things. The position didn’t have unanimous support on the Select Board, with member Alex Vispoli saying he felt other town employees already serve these functions, not to mention regional programs with similar aims. How do you think this position can be most effective?
- Local doctor's death shocks community
- Not just another salon
- Community supports college efforts of teen who lost dad
- Andover police log
- Free full-day kindergarten likely to happen
- Her $84,000 job is to make Andover 'greener'
- Santa wows 'em in Andover
- Signal needs change to end traffic jams
- Season's first storm hits Andover, Valley
- Legislators push for breakfast in classrooms in Andover, statewide