Two hundred and sixty-five years after 19 people were hanged and dozens more accused during the 1692 witch trials, Massachusetts lawmakers apologized.
BOSTON — Nearly four decades after the last happy hour in Massachusetts, some lawmakers want to ease limits on discount drinks at clubs and restaurants to help businesses recover from the pandemic. But not everyone is celebrating the idea.
BOSTON -- The Baker administration wants to carve out a slice of federal relief funds to build more houses and retrain jobless workers, with a focus on narrowing racial gaps in housing and the workforce.
ANDOVER — Former Youth Services Director Bill Fahey was fired earlier this year for a pattern of policy violations and overstepping boundaries, including “blatant refusal” to refer families to a licensed social worker, “providing mental health advice as an untrained lay person,” and sexual h…
Should bars and restaurants be allowed to serve up discounted drinks, and should their patrons be allowed to celebrate “happy hour”? The state is again reconsidering a decades-old ban on booze specials. Proponents of a change say it’s timely and will help bars and restaurants recover from the financial strains still felt from the pandemic. Others, including Gov. Charlie Baker, are wary of lifting a restriction that dates to 1984, and they note the spate of drunken driving tragedies that led to it. Public opinion surveys show many people agree that it’s time to lift the ban. What do you think?
This Week's Circulars
Premium Text Ads
- Report: Fahey's firing based on spectrum of infractions
- Andover Story: A walk in the park (Part I)
- Letter: Article rehashes incorrect narrative about Fahey
- Andover's Lachance drafted by NHL's Edmonton Oilers
- Fahey supporters pack Select Board meeting
- Letter: Instead of mowing, we should help restore life to the Earth
- Andover Story: A walk in the park (Part II)
- Town: Fahey admitted to wrongdoing
- Play ball!: Andover kids improve their baseball basics
- GLTS students build duplex
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.