CARL RUSSO PHOTOS: Escorted by the Andover Police, the Class of 2020, along with family members and friends, paraded in style through town to the high school during a vehicular "Last Lap" celebration on May 22, which would have been their final day of school.
AHS faculty and staff greeted them on their last lap on campus with plenty of cheers and well wishes. Some faculty dressed in the traditional cap and gown worn during the high school's graduation ceremony.
Since school was closed in March and eventually for the whole year due to the coronavirus crisis, the students have been remote learning. All of their ceremonies and celebrations as graduates are planned to be remote or from a distance.
But distance didn't dampen the spirits of participants on this summer-like Friday afternoon as cheers sounded throughout town and a sense of accomplishment was palpable among the graduates. 5/22/2020
- Andover drug co. to pay $11M to state
- Our View: Surprise fee on gas settlement money
- 'Now we can breathe again'
- St. Augustine Parish parishioner tests positive after attending service
- Police log
- To market, to market
- All Those Years Ago: Memories of parades, pond openings
- New town division dedicated to diversity
- July 4 speeches echo nation's independence, struggles
- Town Meeting likely to be held Sept. 12