CARL RUSSO PHOTOS: A group of adults and children volunteered at the Lifting Spirits Miniature Therapy Horses facility in Andover as part of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service.
MLK Day is the only federal holiday designated as a national day of service. This year, Andover public schools have decided to celebrate King’s legacy with the first ever APS Service Day.
Organizers said the service day was created in the spirit of King’s philosophy of dedicating one’s life to helping others.
Lifting Spirits Miniature Therapy Horses mission is to provide mobile equine assisted activity services to children and adults of all ages and abilities. Research has shown that equine therapy has positive mental, social, educational, spiritual and physical benefits. 1/18/2021
This Week's Circulars
Biddeford - Sister Veronique Metivier, (Ste Marie de la Visitation) a sister of the Presentation of Mary, 98 died in Biddeford Maine at St. Joseph Convent after 78 years of religious life. Born in Albion, RI on April 14, 1922, she was the daughter of the late Alphee and Delia Metivier. She g…
- Vaccine clinic goes 'famously'
- School Committee to vote on student return
- Dan Koh to join Biden administration
- Fire destroys parish at Holy Rosary Church
- DJ Fazio, father Dave thriving on same Andover hoops coaching staff
- Andover Story: Phillips Academy's evolving Bill of Fare
- Real estate transactions
- Jump, dribble and run
- Letter: Andover taxpayers must wake up
- Ice sculptor creates whale for Aquarium
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.