CARL RUSSO PHOTOS: The Andover Memorial Day Ceremony was held at the American Legion Post 8 Memorial in the Spring Grove Cemetery.
It felt good to remember together. Monday’s Memorial Day observances were the first opportunities over the past 14 months for the Merrimack Valley public to stand together without masks. It was fittingly a time to remember.
Hosts and visitors gathered around flags and flowers, gravestones and monuments to pay their respects.
As always, veterans, fallen veterans, were at the forefront of people’s minds.
But this year, after 594,000 deaths from COVID-19 in the U.S. — 80 percent of the dead over 65 years old, many of them veterans — other losses were also on people’s minds. 5/31/2021
This Week's Circulars
- Report: Fahey's firing based on spectrum of infractions
- Andover Story: A walk in the park (Part I)
- Letter: Article rehashes incorrect narrative about Fahey
- Andover's Lachance drafted by NHL's Edmonton Oilers
- Fahey supporters pack Select Board meeting
- Letter: Instead of mowing, we should help restore life to the Earth
- Andover Story: A walk in the park (Part II)
- Town: Fahey admitted to wrongdoing
- Play ball!: Andover kids improve their baseball basics
- GLTS students build duplex
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.