CARL RUSSO PHOTOS: Brandon Berrios, a seventh-grader at West Middle School in Andover, loves trains.
They have fascinated him "since he was a baby," said his mother, Karen Berrios.
When Brandon's 13th birthday was approaching, his mom knew she could not have a conventional party because of the coronavirus crisis restrictions on social gatherings.
So she reached out to Keolis Commuter Services, which manages passenger trains for the MBTA. Kristin Selian from the agency's customer service center arranged for Brandon, who has autism, to have a train party at the Lawrence station late Wednesday afternoon.
This Week's Circulars
Andover - Robert Parthum, 87, of Chestnut Hill, formerly of Andover, April 22, 2020. Beloved husband of Marjorie (Hopkins) Parthum of 59 years. Father of Andrew Parthum (William Leonard) of Boston, John Parthum (Holly Popowski) of Greenwood Lake, NY, Elizabeth McCarthy (Paul) of Furlong, PA.…
- Tewksbury man killed in Andover crash
- U.S. Marshals: Andover fugitive who faked death captured
- More sewage released into Merrimack River
- They'll drink to that
- Andover High graduation: Smiles and memories
- Andover big man Cammann growing in height, ability
- Troop 76 hikes AVIS, pandemic style
- Police log
- Andover Choral Society chosen as competition finalist
- Celebrating in spite of coronavirus