An accidental fire that sparked in a parking lot at Elm Street Auto on Lupine Road damaged five cars late Tuesday afternoon.

The incident started with what seemed to be an electrical fire, according to Fire Deputy Al DelDotto.

It looked accidental, DelDotto said, as "it started under the hood of one of the cars."

Once fire crews arrived after receiving the call, three cars were involved in the fire. By the time it was put out around 10 minutes later, five vehicles in the lot were damaged, DelDotto said.

Some of the damage to cars around the fire included plastic parts, such as tail lights, that had melted from the heat of the blaze.

All five of the vehicles damaged in the incident were already totaled before the fire started, according to Adrian Santana, an employee at Elm Street Auto.

Nobody was injured in the fire, DelDotto said.

• • •

For feedback on this story, or for other story-related inquiries, please email

This Week's Circulars

Recommended for you