The life of towns, much like those of their residents, often turns on dreams and aspirations. Sometimes they come true; all too often they fall short. Andover’s evolution from an agricultural settlement to an industrial center to a commuter-oriented suburb is marked by dreams realized and ne…
Founded in 1887, the Andover Townsman has been providing essential local news to residents for 134 years and continues to carry on its spirited commitment to hometown journalism.
The path of Andover’s 375-year history winds through the most curious of places. Today’s frantic pace of living too often leaves little time to wonder how a cluster of buildings, an historic homes, or a scenic forest grove standing along the banks of a river once played their role in Andover…
Although not a separate zip code, Ballardvale still retains a unique identity. Abbott Village, which at one time functioned much like Ballardvale, has been relegated to a distant memory.
This Saturday, October 16, the town celebrates the history, culture, trails, games and food of Ballardvale with tours and a peak at the outside of the new Ballardvale Fire Station.
This Week's Circulars
- Football to face Thanksgiving rival North Andover at Fenway Park
- Andover Stories: The spirit of an old country store
- Massachusetts real estate transactions
- Andover briefly
- Investigator finds claims of 'toxic work environment' in Andover unsupported
- Police log
- Santa Parade is back on Sunday
- 'Mamma Mia' comes to Collins Center
- Yes we’re selling the building, but the Andover Townsman is here to stay
- Anderson School honors education 'pioneer'
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.