The group that oversees high school sports in Massachusetts will soon take up a plan to simplify the playoff format in every sport. The top 32 teams in the state in each division would be seeded, placed into brackets, and then play in a tournament until a champion is named. The format ends sectional titles but ensures top teams play each other in the finals and semifinals, even if they’re in the same geographic area. The drawback is the potential expense and hassle of travel. What do you think of the idea, which still must be voted on by principals and athletic directors from the 380 schools that belong to the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association?
- Men found zip-tied, beaten, in Andover
- In black and white
- 'Love your true self'
- Parents, teachers plan forum on school issues for Thursday
- Judge: Stay away from Andover schools
- Tucson likely home for post-merger Raytheon
- A night for moms and sons
- Our View: Ripples from Raytheon merger
- Tewksbury school official arrested at Andover High basketball game
- Dancing the night away
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.