Are jobless benefits keeping people out of work? Some business leaders want the state to pull out of federal pandemic relief programs that give an extra $300 in weekly benefits to people who've lost jobs due to restrictions meant to stop spread of COVID-19. The federal benefits, which are added to state benefits, create too much of an incentive for people to stay out of the job market, they argue. The result is that many businesses struggle to find employees. Should the state start pulling back on benefits?
This Week's Circulars
- Report: Fahey's firing based on spectrum of infractions
- Andover Story: A walk in the park (Part I)
- Letter: Article rehashes incorrect narrative about Fahey
- Andover's Lachance drafted by NHL's Edmonton Oilers
- Fahey supporters pack Select Board meeting
- Town: Fahey admitted to wrongdoing
- Letter: Instead of mowing, we should help restore life to the Earth
- Andover Story: A walk in the park (Part II)
- Play ball!: Andover kids improve their baseball basics
- Letter: Fahey was unique in supporting BIPOC community
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.